Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here’s a brief overview of upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org. Congratulations to our students on another successful THON. FTK!
1. CCCPSAA PALMER ART MUSEUM TOUR - We are pleased to be able to offer a private, guided tour of the beautiful Palmer Art Museum on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 to our chapter members. The museum opens at 10:00 am with our tour starting at 10:15 am. “With eleven galleries, a print-study room, 150-seat auditorium, and outdoor sculpture garden, the Palmer Museum is a unique cultural resource for residents of and visitors to the region.” Get an introduction to the museum and learn about their current spring exhibits. The tour will last approximately an hour, but you are welcome to stay and enjoy the museum at your own pace afterward. Please RSVP to Ilene White Phone 865-6516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. MARK YOUR CALENDARS – CCCPSAA is joining forces with the State College Mini-THON for our 5th Annual April Fool s 5K on Saturday, April 11, 2015. The race course runs through the Penn State University Park Campus which is mostly level. Come join the fun running or walking. Entry Fee for Adults are $18 Preregistered by April 5th and $25 thereafter, Students (age 17 and under) $12 Preregistration by April 5th and $15 thereafter. T-shirts are guaranteed to all Pre-Registered participants. Race Day Registration is from 9:30 am to 10:30 am at Medlar Field. Awards are for 1st male and female overall, 1st and 2nd in each age group (Women: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over/Men:12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over). A contest everyone can participate in is the Biggest Fool Costume Contest – 1st and 2nd!!! Age Groups.
We will be looking for volunteers to help prior to race day with stuffing our goodie bags. Race Day Volunteers on Saturday, April 11th to staff Registration Tables at Medlar Field from 9:30 am., Marshals on Curtin, Porter, and Pollock Roads to direct runners, Water Point volunteers to pass out water at mid-point on Pollock Rd., at the Finish Line to cheer for the participants as they cross the finish line, collect tags, and pass to recorder/time keeper, and clean up at Medlar Field after the race.
Watch for Volunteer Requests in your email. Anyone interested in volunteering can contact Dale Hoffman at email@example.com or phone (814) 234-0656. Of course, we invite all Chapter members, friends and family to participate by running, walking or dressing up to participate in our BIGGEST FOOL COSTUME CONTEST!!!!
Online race registration: http://www.active.com/university-park-pa/running/races/5th-annual-april-fool-s-5k-2015?int=
3. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER MARCH HAPPY HOUR – Join us for our Centre County Chapter March Happy Hour on Friday, March 13, 2015 at the new ‘Liberty Craft House’, 346 E. College Ave., State College. Join us to celebrate Spring Break for cocktails, good food and conversation with your CCCPSAA friends. Meet new members or bring some friends along with you to join the Chapter.
4. UPCOMING CLASSICAL COFFEEHOUSE - Mark your calendars now for the evening of Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 8:00 PM, for the next Classical Coffeehouse at the Hintz Family Alumni Center. The performance by eighth blackbird promises to be another great time. “The Chicago sextet, acclaimed for its energetic performances of modern music and its theatrical flair, plays selected works and engages in conversation with the audience.” Enjoy complimentary refreshments, including cookies and coffee, and receive a Classical Coffeehouse mug, while supply lasts. The Classical Coffeehouse series is presented in partnership with the Blue & White Society and the Penn State Alumni Association.
5. THANKS TO ALL OUR CHAPTER ‘THON FUNDRAISER SUPPORTERS - A very special thank you to all of our chapter members and friends who supported the two fundraisers recently held to benefit ‘THON’. Many members donated money and received an Alumni Love THON t-shirt and attended the ‘For The Kids Cash Party’ held at the Alumni Center on Friday, February 6. Proceeds from both fundraisers totaled over $9800 and were divided between the Lion Ambassadors and Blue & White Society student groups. Your continued support will help conquer pediatric cancer through the Four Diamonds Fund. FTK!
6. CALLING ALL PENN STATE HISTORY BUFFS AND OTHERS – Some of our members may be interested in attending this upcoming lecture being held at the Pennsylvania Military Museum in Boalsburg. Michael Bezilla will be speaking as part of the Richard Koontz Memorial Lecture Series. His presentation is entitled “Penn State’s Participation in the Great War-WW I”. The lecture is on Wednesday, March 4th and begins at 7:30 PM. The public is invited to this free lecture and donations to the museum will be greatly appreciated.
7. The Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Board would like to thank everyone that participated in the CCCPSAA EMERGENCY GRANT FUND challenge. We raised an additional $775.00 in donations which the chapter will match 10% adding $850.00 additional funding to the CCCPSAA EMERGENCY GRANT FUND. This fund helps reduce the financial stress for all Penn State students facing unforeseeable hardships, and provides them a chance to complete their studies. There are no residency restrictions or other stipulations to receive emergency aid. With the economic conditions of recent years, the number of requests for emergency assistance has greatly increased. Everyone that donated during the PSU Day of Giving will receive a thank-you note for their generosity.
8. SAVE THESE DATES
- MARCH CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR at the newest spot in town ‘LIBERTY CRAFT HOUSE’, 346 East College Ave., State College, PA
Date: Friday, March 13, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Classical Coffeehouse – eighth blackbird
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Time: Doors open at 7:00; program starts at 8:00
- THE CCCPSAA’S 5TH ANNUAL APRIL FOOLS 5K
Date: April 11, 2015 at Medlar Field in Lubrano Park
- 2015 ACCEPTED STUDENTS PROGRAM
February 13, 16, 17, 24
March 2, 3, 4, 5, 16, 17, 18
April 3, 7, 9, 20, 21, 23
July 24, 27, 30, 31 and August 3
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org.