Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here’s a brief overview of upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org.
1. It’s Membership Renewal Time…Memberships expire June 30, 2015!!! - Renew your membership in the CCCPSAA. Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th. Annual Membership Dues are a reasonable: $20/Individual, $25/Couple.
Go to our chapter web page: http://www.psucentre.org/ Click on membership and pay with either PayPal or download the membership form and return it with a check payable to CCCPSAA, write membership dues in the memo line. Thank-you!
2. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER JUNE HAPPY HOUR – Join us for our Centre County Chapter June Happy Hour at The Tavern on the patio, 220 E College Ave, on Friday, June 12 2015, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Join us for a cocktails, good food, and great conversation with all of your CCCPSAA friends. Meet new members or bring some friends along with you to join the Chapter. Membership renewal forms will be available to fill out and renew your membership before June 30th.
3. THE CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER ANNUAL MEETING and Election of Officers will be in Medlar Field at Lubrano Park on Sunday, June 21, 2015. meeting at 4:30 p.m. Dinner at 5:30 p.m. First Pitch at 6:05 p. m.
Cost: $ 35 Adults (Includes Spikes Game Ticket)
$ 25 Adults (Who have a Spikes Season Ticket)
$ 10 children (12 and under)
Cost includes game ticket, baseball dinner and non-alcoholic refreshments during the game. (Alcoholic refreshments available in the stadium). A short chapter meeting and election of officers will be followed by the Spikes vs. the Williamsport Phillies. The First Pitch is at 6:05pm. Reservations are required. For more information , contact Dale @ firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 814-234-0656.
Use Credit Cards online at http://www.psucentre.org/index.php/2015-annual-meeting/ or make checks payable to CCCPSAA and mail to:
CCCPSAA (Attn: Annual Meeting)
P.O. Box 10082
State College, PA 16805-0082
Parking is in Jordan East/Lot 44 (South of Beaver Stadium) Event Parking fee is usually $3.00.
4. UPDATE ON NEW SLATE OF OFFICERS – The nominating committee presented the following members for officers:
Carol Stokes for President
Alan Jones for Vice President
Mark Campolongo for Treasurer
Linda Rohrer for Secretary
Two new board members presented:
Additional nominations may be presented upon petition of ten members of the chapter. This petition must be filed with Linda Rohrer email email@example.com, phone (814) 238-8095 at least ten days prior to the June Annual Meeting election on Sunday, June 21, 2015.
5. HINTZ FAMILY ALUMNI CENTER VOLUNTEERS WANTED – If you would like to share a few hours, once or twice every few months volunteering at the Hintz Family Alumni Center, we would like to talk to you. Our volunteers receive a brief orientation given by an experienced volunteer. Upon completion of the training, volunteers have the opportunity to sign up to be a greeter and welcome visitors to the Hintz Family Alumni Center. Open hours at the Center are typically Saturdays (except home football game day) from 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. along with some Sundays during the fall semester from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Each volunteer shift is two hours. We are looking for volunteers for the summer and fall so there are plenty of opportunities available. If you are interested in volunteering and sharing your Penn State pride with our many campus visitors, please contact Ilene White at 865-6516 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting many of you as new volunteers.
6. 2015 SPEND A SUMMER DAY – Dates: July 24, 27, 30, 31and August 3, 2015. Volunteer requests/information will be mailed out around June 12 with a return requested by June 29, 2015 for Spend a Summer Day. Training Dates: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 and Thursday, July 16, 2015. Both training sessions will be at 7:00 p.m. in the Mountain View Country Club, 100 Elks Club Rd, Boalsburg, PA. (Same location as last year!) A fun way to introduce potential students to Penn State!
7. THANKS TO ALL OF OUR 2015 APRIL FOOLS 5K SPONSORS AND THE STATE COLLEGE MINI-THON WHO HELPED TO MAKE OUR EVENT A GREAT SUCCESS!
DEL GROSSO FOODS, INC
PENN STATE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
NITTANY EYE ASSOCIATES
COROL STOKES (aka Carol Stokes)
RAPID TRANSIT SPORTS
HOAGS CATERING AND EVENT RENTALS
TROY BREON DJ
OLD MAIN FRAME SHOP & GALLERY
Please join us in thanking these outstanding supporters when you visit them.
8. THANK YOU to everyone that came out on Saturday, May 16th for our Spring Community Garden Planting. It was a pleasure working with the Keller Williams Advantage Realty employee team who has committed to three years of maintaining and weeding the plots. Two great organizations teamed to beautify our community. Check out the University Drive off ramp to East College Ave (on the State College side) and see the beautiful flowers.
9. SAVE THESE DATES
- JUNE CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR at the TAVERN
Date: Friday, June 12, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS – The Center County Chapter Annual Meeting and Election
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2015, Medlar Field at Lubrano Park
Meeting Time: 4:30 p.m.
July 24, 27, 30, 31 and August 3
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at email@example.com.
10. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org.
11. The CCCPSAA IM Building Tour will be on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 1:30 pm. The Intramural Building was recently expanded and remodeled with a 48,000 SF addition of new expanded fitness space, multipurpose rooms, and new user-friendly, accessible entry. It is conveniently located on the corner of University Drive and Bigler Road, across from the Bryce Jordan Center and Beaver Stadium. The IM building provides facilities for the IM Sports, clubs and activities. It also houses a fitness center/weight room, as well as racquetball courts, an indoor track, matted all purpose room and numerous basketball and volleyball courts. Parking can be in the East Deck or meters in the parking lots by BJC. Join us for an exciting tour of the newly renovated facility. Please RSVP to Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (814) 234-0656 to confirm a space on the tour.