Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here is a brief overview of upcoming 2014 Chapter events:
1. CCCPSAA March Happy Hour and Silent Auction to benefit the State College Mini THON (formerly Park Forest Mini THON) - Join us on Friday, March 14, 2014 at the Local Whiskey (bar above the Phyrst) 107 E Beaver Ave from 4pm to 6pm. Help us welcome the Capital Area Chapter to State College. They will be joining us for our Happy Hour.
2. 4th Annual Centre County Chapter April Fools 5K – Our Chapter’s 4th Annual April Fools 5K is Saturday, March 29. The proceeds go to our endowed scholarship fund for Penn State students from Centre County high schools. The race course will be the Campus Loop 5K on the Penn State Campus. There are prizes for the top three overall winners, both male and female as well as awards for the top two in every age group. The age groups are 12 and under, 13-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+. There is also a Prize for the “The Biggest April Fool” costume. A door prize raffle is included along with the area’s best goody bag. Registration in Medlar Field at Lubrano Park.
Event schedule and times:
Registration from 7 am to 8:30 am at Medlar Field. Race at 9 am, and awards will be at 10:30 am.
Register online at:
Or download an application from our web page at
3. PENN STATE BASEBALL – Opening day at Medlar Field – Join the Chapter on Tuesday March 18 at 4:45pm (game start 5pm), Medlar Field for the home opener! We will provide shakers! Afterwards to warm our toes and fill our tummies, we will head to Local Whiskey (107 East Beaver Avenue).
4. LADY LION SOFTBALL – Please join the Chapter to cheer on the Lady Lion Softball team for their home opener at Beard Field on March 21 at 5:45 pm (game is at 6) We will have shakers for everyone! Then come with us to get warm at Rotelli’s on Calder way!
5. Garden Steward Needed -Did you know that the CCCPSAA in conjunction with the Western Pa. Conservancy (WPC) plants a flower garden at the intersection of University Drive and East College Ave? In 2012 our garden won an award from the PA Horticultural Society as one of the best presentations of community greenery. Presently, the WPC is looking for a Garden Steward. The steward is the individual or group who works at the planting and fall pull-up, works with WPC to arrange delivery of plants and coordinates the seasonal maintenance. As your Chapter board representative, I seek volunteers to plant and pull-up the garden and work with the steward to set dates. The Garden Steward, either on their own or by seeking volunteers, works to keep the garden weeded and watered during the summer. To my knowledge the steward does not need to be a member of CCCPSAA. If you, your neighbor or a friend would like to volunteer as the Garden Steward or to seek other volunteers for summer maintenance, please contact Al Landis as soon as possible firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 814-237-1147. The previous steward has indicated that he would assist to occasionally weed the garden.
6. Are you a member who is looking to become more involved in the Centre County Chapter? – If so, we welcome your participation on the Centre County Chapter’s Board of Directors. The Board meets once a month at the Hintz Family Alumni Center and plans chapter events, conducts monthly business and hears committee reports. We are also looking for two current chapter members to sit on the nominating committee. Please contact our recruitment chair, Carol Stokes @ email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration.
7. SAVE THESE DATES
· Penn State Baseball Opening Day- Join the Chapter for the home opener! We will provide shakers! Afterwards to warm our toes and fill our tummies, we will head to Local Whiskey, 107 E Beaver Ave.
o Date: Tuesday, March 18
o Place Medlar Field at Lubrano Park
o Time 4:45 pm (Game start 5 pm)
· Lady Lion Softball Home Opener—Please join the Chapter to cheer on the Lady Lion Softball team for their home opener. at Beard Field on March 21st at 5:45 pm (game is at 6) We will have shakers for everyone! Then come with us to get warm at Rotelli’s on Calder way!
o Date: Friday, March 21
o Place: Beard Field
o Time: 5:45 pm (Game start 6 pm)
· 4th ANNUAL APRIL FOOL’S 5K sponsored by the Centre County Chapter Penn State Alumni Association
o Date: Saturday, March 29
o Place: Medlar Field at Lubrano Park
o Time: Registration is from 7 am to 8:30 at Medlar Field.
§ Race is at 9 am and awards will be at 10 am.
· ANNUAL CCCPSAA MEETING & SPIKES GAME
o Date: Sunday, June 29th. More details will follow
REMINDER: Our membership year runs July 1 -June 30. Renewals should have been paid by July 1, 2013. Thank you for your continuing support to our Centre County Chapter. Dues remain the same as in the past $20/year single and $25/year couple. For more information go to http://www.psucentre.org/membership.html. Want to check if your membership is paid up-to-date, contact Linda Rohrer at RohrerLinda@gmail.com with the subject line as “CCCPSAA Membership Status”. Please include your full name and address in the body of the email and Linda will be happy to check for you or phone her at (814) 238-8095. Future electronic newsletters and mailings will only be sent to current Chapter members.
*Please consider an end of the year tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. BOOKMARK THE CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER WEBSITE – For the most up-to-date and detailed chapter information, check out our website at: www.psucentre.orgmark it for easy access.
9. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by LIKING us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.