Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here is an exciting overview of our upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org.
1. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER SEPTEMBER HAPPY HOUR – (Note that the Happy Hour will be on Thursday this month and not Friday to avoid the Football weekend crowds.) At DUFFY’S TAVERN (2nd Floor private room), 113 East Main Street, Boalsburg, PA, Thursday, September 10, 2015, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Join us on a new night for cocktails, good food, and great conversation with all of your CCCPSAA friends. Meet new members or bring some friends along with you to join the Chapter. There is a $5 charge for non-members. Membership forms will be available at the Happy Hour to fill out.
2. ANNOUNCING THE CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS FOR 2015-2016 – Emily Chambers is a graduate of the Bald Eagle Area School District. Emily is a Junior in the College of Communications and is majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. Patricio Hernandez, is a graduate of the State College High School. Patricio is a Junior in the Smeal College of Business majoring in Finance. We want to congratulate both of our outstanding recipients of our Endowed Scholarship for 2015/2016. Best to you from the Centre County Chapter.
3. SAVE THE DATE – CLASSICAL COFFEEHOUSE FEATURING THE KNIGHTS will be held on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 from 8:00 pm at the Hintz Family Alumni Center’s Robb Hall. Presented in partnership with the Blue & White Society and the Penn State Alumni Association with support provided by Penn State Council of LionHearts. Members of the Knights orchestral collective, based in Brooklyn, perform samples of their music and talk with audience members. The ensemble’s programs showcase the players’ roots in classical tradition and their passion for other genres such as jazz, pop, and indie rock. Enjoy complimentary refreshments and receive a Classical Coffeehouse mug, while supply lasts .
4. SAVE THE DATE – The Centre County United way PNC Bank – Col. Gerald Russell DAY OF CARING is set for Thursday, October 1, 2015. The day will begin at 7:30am with a breakfast at the Bryce Jordan Center. Over 1500 volunteers will then travel to over 90 project sites that include local non-profits, historic sites, parks and municipal facilities. If you are interested in volunteering with the Centre County Chapter please RSVP to Marti Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 4, 2015.
5. CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED JUNE 30, 2015!!! – If you haven’t already renewed, please do so now so that you don’t miss out on the CCCPSAA monthly newsletter and events throughout the year. Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th and is separate from membership in the Penn State Alumni Association. Annual membership dues are reasonable @: $20/Individual or $25/Couple. You can renew online with a credit card at our chapter web page: http://www.psucentre.org/index.php/membership or print out a membership form from the web site, fill it in with a check payable to CCCPSAA and mail to:
CCCPSAA (Attn: Membership Renewal)
P.O. Box 10082
State College, PA 16805-0082
We want you back! Come and join your fellow Centre County alumni for another year of exciting Happy Hours, tailgates, tours and trips.
6. SAVE THESE DATES
- CLASSICAL COFFEE HOUSE
Date: Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015
Time: 8:00 p.m.
Place: Hintz Family Alumni Center
- COL. GERALD RUSSELL – PNC BANK CENTRE COUNTY UNITED WAY DAY OF CARING THURSDAY
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015
Time: TBD Watch for an additional information email.
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at email@example.com .
7. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org .