Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here’s a brief overview of upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org.
1. IT’S FINALLY HERE – CCCPSAA has joined forces with the State College Mini-THON for our 5th Annual April Fool s 5K on Saturday, April 11, 2015. The race course runs through the Penn State University Park Campus which is mostly level. Come join the fun, we invite all Chapter members, friends and family to participate by running, walking or just dressing up to participate in our BIGGEST FOOL COSTUME CONTEST!!!! The entry fee for Adults is $18 preregistered by April 5th and $25 thereafter, Students (age 17 and under) $12 preregistration by April 5th and $15 thereafter. T-shirts are guaranteed to all pre-Registered participants. Race Day Registration is from 9:30 am to 10:30 am at Medlar Field. Awards are for 1st male and female overall, 1st and 2nd in each age group (Women: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over/Men:12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over). A contest everyone can participate in is the Biggest Fool Costume Contest – 1st and 2nd prizes!!!
We will be sending out a request for volunteers to help prior to race day with stuffing our goodie bags. Race Day Volunteers on Saturday, April 11th to staff Registration Tables at Medlar Field from 9:30 am., Marshals on Curtin, Porter, and Pollock Roads to direct runners, Water Point volunteers to pass out water at mid-point on Pollock Rd., at the Finish Line to cheer for the participants as they cross the finish line, collect tags, pass to recorder/time keeper, and clean up at Medlar Field after the race.
Watch for Volunteer Requests in your email. Anyone interested in volunteering can contact Dale Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (814) 234-0656. Online race registration: http://alturl.com/6rm2o.
2. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER APRIL HAPPY HOUR – Join us for our Centre County Chapter March Happy Hour at the Big Spring Spirits, 198 Match Factory Place Bellefonte, PA on Friday, April 10 2015 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Join us for a new experience at the distillery in the Match Factory, Bellefonte for unique cocktails and great conversation with your CCCPSAA friends. Meet new members or bring some friends along with you to join our Chapter.
3. Join the CCCPSAA for a Lady Lions Softball TAILGATE – on Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. in the Beard Field parking lot before the game (Game time 3:00 p.m.). $5 per person for the Tailgate (does not include game ticket). Reservations contact Marti at email@example.com.
4. Join the CCCPSAA for a Penn State Baseball TAILGATE – on Sunday, May 3, 2015 in the Medlar Field Parking Lot at 11:00 a.m. before the game (Game time 1 p.m.). $5 per person for the Tailgate (does not include game ticket). For reservations contact Marti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Hintz Garden Tour with Landscape Designer Derick Kalb – Join us for a walking tour of the beautiful Hintz Alumni Center Gardens with Landscape Designer Derick Kalb on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. There is a limit of 25 people. Contact Marti Duffy at email@example.com to reserve your spot. In case of inclement weather the Rain Date is Friday, May 15, 2015.
6. IT’S TIME FOR OUR SPRING COMMUNITY GARDEN PLANTING – Volunteers are needed to help the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy with the flower garden planting. Date: Saturday, May 16th Time: 9:00 A.M. Location is on the University Drive off ramp to East College Ave (on the State College side; the best approach is from the Stadium side on University Drive). Parking is on the clover leaf. Some tools & equipment provided, but bring your gloves and your favorite trowel if you prefer. Rain or shine, so be prepared. The more hands the quicker we finish and go off to our other Saturday tasks. So that we can get a count off volunteers please contact Dale Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (814) 234-0656 and leave your name.
7. 2015 Penn State Quarter Horse Sale -For all of our equestrian alumni, or if you just want to have a fun Saturday, the 2015 Penn State Quarter Horse Sale will be on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at the Snider Ag Arena, University Park, PA. Doors open: 8:30am; Sale Horse Demo: 10:00am; Farm Tours/Lunch: 12:00pm; Sale of Horses: 2:00pm.
8. MARK YOUR CALENDARS – The Center County Chapter Annual Meeting and Election of Officers will be in Medlar Field at Lubrano Park on Sunday, June 21, 2015. Watch for more details in the next newsletter! Our annual meeting, election of officers and baseball meal will be followed by The Spikes vs. the Williamsport Phillies. The First Pitch is at 6:05pm.
9. SAVE THESE DATES
· APRIL CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR Big Spring Spirits, 198 Match Factory Place Bellefonte, PA
Date: Friday, April 10, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- THE CCCPSAA’S 5TH ANNUAL APRIL FOOLS 5K
Date: April 11, 2015 at Medlar Field in Lubrano Park
- 2015 ACCEPTED STUDENT PROGRAM
April 3, 7, 9, 20, 21, 23
- Lady Lions Softball TAILGATE Beard Field Parking Lot
Date: Saturday, April 25, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Penn State Baseball TAILGATE Medlar Field Parking Lot
Date: Sunday, May 3, 2015
Time: 11:0 a.m.
- Hintz Garden Tour (Limit 25)
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, Hintz Family Alumni Center (Rain Date Friday, May 15)
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2015
Time: 9:00 A.M.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS – The Center County Chapter Annual Meeting and Election
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2015, Medlar Field at Lubrano Park
July 24, 27, 30, 31 and August 3
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at email@example.com.
10. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org.