Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here’s a brief overview of upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org or visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.
1. PSU WRESTLING IS BACK AT THE BJC- We are back at the BJC on February 8, 2014. Tickets are $14 each. If you are interested immediately RSVP to Marti @ email@example.com by November 2, 2014.
2. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER’S MICHIGAN STATE TAILGATE – Come and enjoy the final home football game with the Saturday, November 29, 2014 PSU vs Michigan State. Even if you are not going to the game, come on up to the stadium and enjoy some alumni fellowship and food! The tailgate space is West Stadium Lot # 1011 directly in front of the Lion weather vane. Cost is $5.00 per person which covers beverages, bring a soup, bread or dessert to share. RSVP by November 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (814) 308-8948.
3. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER NOVEMBER HAPPY HOUR – Our November Happy Hour will be Friday, November 14, 2014 at Duffy’s Tavern, Boalsburg, PA from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Join your fellow Chapter members for a fun evening talking about old times and chapter events.
4. PERFORMING ARTS SCHOOL OF CENTRAL PA NUTCRACKER REHERSAL – Centre County Chapter Members have been invited to the Performing Arts School of Central PA Nutcracker Rehearsal by one of our great board members, Ron Frear. The event will be Friday, November 21, 2014 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Performing Arts School of Central PA located on 3006 Research Drive, Suite D-1, State College, PA. Wine and snacks will be provided at no charge.
5. COMMUNITY GARDEN – A big thank-you to those three hardy Centre County Chapter members Marti, Alan and Dick who came out on Saturday, October 18, 2014 at 9:00am at University Drive and E. College Ave to pull up the annual plants, bag them, pull up the plastic and clean the gardens for next spring. Much thanks for their time and dedication to the Chapter.
6. The Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Board is challenging our membership with a goal to donate $5000.00 to the CCCPSAA EMERGENCY GRANT FUND from now through Tuesday, December 2,2014 the PSU Day of Giving. The chapter will match 10% of everything raised up to $5000! The Centre County Chapter established the Emergency Grant Fund to help reduce the financial stress for all Penn State students facing unforeseeable hardships, and give them a chance to complete their studies. There are no residency restrictions or other stipulations to receive emergency aid. With the economic conditions of recent years, the requests for emergency assistance has greatly increased. If you are considering a gift to Penn State and want to ensure it will make a real difference in a student’s life. please give to the CCCPSAA Emergency Grant Fund. CCCPAAA is the only Penn State Alumni Association affiliate group to provide this type of assistance to Penn State students in need. Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Emergency Grant Fund Code SXXA2. For more information contact Marti Duffy, President, Centre County Chapter Penn State Alumni Association at email@example.com or mail a check payable to CCCPSAA to:
P.O. Box 10082
State College, PA 16805-0082
7. SAVE THESE DATES
·NOVEMBER CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR
Date: Friday, November 14, 2014
Location: Duffy’s Tavern, Boalsburg, PA
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
·PERFORMING ARTS SCHOOL OF CENTRAL PA NUTCRACKER REHEARSAL
Date: Friday, November 21, 2014
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Where: 3006 Research Drive, Suite D-1, State College
·CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER PSU vs. MICHIGAN STATE TAILGATE
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2014
Where: West Stadium Lot # 1011
·MARK YOUR CALENDARS
2015 Accepted Students Program
February 13, 16, 17, 24
March 2, 3, 4, 5, 16, 17, 18
April 3, 7, 9, 20, 21, 23
2015 Spend a Summer Day
July 24, 27, 30, 31 and August 3
Linda Rohrer will provide sign up details in January 2015 for the Accepted Students Program and in June 2015 for Spend a Summer Day.
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org.