Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here’s a brief overview of our upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org.
1. THE CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER ANNUAL MEETING AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS -The Centre County Chapter annual meeting and election of officers was held on Sunday, June 21, 2015 at Medlar Field in Lubrano Park. The evening began with a short description of the Chapter’s successful year’s events and trips by outgoing President Marti Duffy. Mark Campolongo, Treasurer, provided an overview of the Chapter’s budget and scholarships. The slate of officers and new board members were nominated and voted on by the chapter member attendees. Congratulations to your new elected Centre County Chapter officers and new board members:
Carol Stokes – President
Alan Jones – Vice President
Mark Campolongo – Treasurer
Linda Rohrer – Secretary
Two new board members:
A Nittany Lion was presented to Marti Duffy in thanks from the Chapter for her outstanding service and accomplishments as Chapter President. Marti turned the gavel over to our new president Carol Stokes. After the meeting a dinner was held, followed by the Spikes vs. the Williamsport Phillies. Regrettably the Spikes lost but the Fireworks were an enjoyable conclusion to a fun evening. Photos are available on the chapter Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/psucentre.
2. CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP HAS EXPIRED JUNE 30, 2015!!! – If you haven’t already, please consider renewing your Chapter Membership at this time.… Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th and is separate from membership in the Penn State Alumni Association. Annual membership dues are reasonable: $20/Individual or $25/Couple Renew online with a credit card at our chapter web page: http://www.psucentre.org/index.php/membership/ or print out a membership form fill it in with a check payable to CCCPSAA and mail to:
CCCPSAA (Attn: Membership Renewal)
P.O. Box 10082
State College, PA 16805-0082
We want you back! Come and join your fellow Centre County alumni for another year of exciting Happy Hours, tailgates, tours and trips.
3. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER JULY HAPPY HOUR – Note Date Change one week later due to Arts Festival Week! The Happy Hour will be at Gigi’s, 2080 Cato Ave. State College, PA (PA 26 S/W. College Ave. past Science Park Rd., Gigi’s on left.) on Friday, July 17, 2015, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Join us for a cocktails, good food, and great conversation with all of your CCCPSAA friends on the patio (weather permitting). Meet new members or bring some friends along with you to join the Chapter. Membership renewal forms will be available to fill out.
4. 2015 SPEND A SUMMER DAY – The dates are: July 24, 27, 30, 31 and August 3, 2015. Volunteer requests/information has been mailed out for Spend a Summer Day. If you didn’t receive one or have questions please contact Linda Rohrer at email@example.com.
Training Dates: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, and Thursday, July 16, 2015. Both training sessions will be at 7:00 p.m. in the Mountain View Country Club, 100 Elks Club Rd, Boalsburg, PA. (Same location as last year!) What a fun way to introduce potential students and their family to Penn State!
5. HINTZ FAMILY ALUMNI CENTER VOLUNTEERS WANTED – If you would like to share a few hours, once or twice every few months volunteering at the Hintz Family Alumni Center, we would like to talk to you. Our volunteers receive a brief orientation given by an experienced volunteer. Upon completion of the training, volunteers have the opportunity to sign up to be a greeter and welcome visitors to the Hintz Family Alumni Center. Open hours at the Center are typically Saturdays (except home football game day) from 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. along with some Sundays during the fall semester from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Each volunteer shift is two hours. We are looking for volunteers for the summer and fall so there are plenty of opportunities available. If you are interested in volunteering and sharing your Penn State pride with our many campus visitors, please contact Ilene White at 865-6516 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to meeting many of you as new volunteers.
6. SAVE THESE DATES
- JULY CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR at Gigi’s,2080 Cato Ave. State College, PA (PA 26 S/W. College Ave. past Science Park Rd., Gigi’s on left.)
Date: Friday, July 17, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 2015 SPEND A SUMMER DAY
July 24, 27, 30, 31 and August 3
Training Dates: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Thursday, July 16, 2015
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at email@example.com.
7. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org.