Katz Building framed by the Arch at the Arboretum at Penn State
Here is a brief overview of upcoming Chapter events:
1. BOOKMARK THE CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER WEBSITE – For the most up-to-date and detailed chapter information, check out our website at: www.psucentre.org. Bookmark it for easy access.
2. We want to congratulate Roger Williams on receiving The Penn State Award for Administrative Excellence.
3. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER GAME NIGHT MIXER WITH THE BLUE AND WHITE SOCIETY STUDENTS – At the Hintz Family Alumni Center on Friday, April 5th, 2013 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Come and have some fun with the students of the Blue and White Society for an evening of games, pizza, popcorn, Creamery ice cream and good discussions. Share your Penn State experiences with current students. Compare your time at Penn State with their time here. Laugh, interact, make new friends, and play some fun games. RSVP by April 4 to Dale email email@example.com or phone (814) 234-0656 or Ilene email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. APRIL HAPPY HOUR – NEW LOCATION PJ HARRIGAN Bar & Grill, located at the RAMADA INN,1450 S. Atherton St., State College, PA. Celebrate spring (if it ever arrives) with good times, good friends, and good food on Friday, April 12, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Reminder: Join the chapter at the Happy Hour & save the $5.00 charge for non-members.
5. SHARE YOUR PENN STATE PRIDE – If you would like to share a few hours, once or twice every few months volunteering at the Hintz Family Alumni Center, we would like to talk to you. Our volunteers receive a brief orientation provided by an experienced alumni volunteer. Upon completion of your training, you may sign up to give tours and share information with visitors to the Hintz Family Alumni Center. Volunteer hours at the Center are typically Saturdays (except home football game days) from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. as well as Sundays during the fall semester from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Volunteer shifts are two hours long. We are looking for volunteers year round so there are plenty of opportunities available. If you are interested in volunteering and sharing your Penn State pride with our many campus visitors, contact Ilene White at 865-6516 or by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming many of you as new volunteers. Thank you.
6. TOUR OF THE NEW PEGULA ICE ARENA – Join your fellow chapter members for an Inside Look at the new Pegula Ice Arena. A tour of the state-of-the-art facility will be provided to Centre County Chapter members on Monday, April 15. We need to be in groups of 20-25. The first tour will be at 3:45pm and a 2nd tour group at 4.45pm if needed. RSVP to Dale email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (814) 234-0656. We will schedule members on a first come first serve basis. The tour will take approximately 45-60 minutes. As this is an active work site the meeting location, appropriate dress, waiver and parking instructions will be provided to those scheduled for the tour. Women will need to wear pants; no skirts; everyone should wear flat boots (no heels), or sturdy shoes, no tennis shoes; we will meet at the Mortenson Trailer at the corner of University Drive and Curtin Road; everyone will need to enter the construction site off Curtin Road via the Shields parking lot through the Blue Construction gate. The Mortenson Construction trailer is the one closest to the NE corner of the arena; everyone must sign a waiver release and be issued a hard hat, protective glasses, gloves and a construction vest. This is a walking tour in a construction site so there can be no special accommodations provided at this time.
7. ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY CLEAN-UP CENTER COUNTY CHAPTER – PENN STATE ALUMNI MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Wednesday, April 10th. Spring should be here and so is our tenth year with the Adopt-A-Highway cleanup program which is now scheduled for Wednesday, April 10, 2013. Start times: 9:00 A.M. and/or 5:00 P.M. to accommodate different work schedules and retirement activities (approx. two miles both times). Yes, you may choose both times. We will meet at The Assembly of God Church at 2201 University Drive Extension in the lower right parking area. We may need to cancel the 9:00am cleanup if the highway construction has begun so please watch Facebook and your email. First timers and guest are always welcome. Gloves, safety vest, trash bags, and a snack are provided. Please email Al at email@example.com if you will join the fun at either time (please list name, phone and which time) or call at 814-237-1147 (day or evening).
8. CALLING ALL CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER MEMBERS – It’s nominating time for the Centre County Chapter officers and Board of Directors. Are you a member who would like to get more involved in a leadership level? The CCCPSAA is looking for interested members who would like to serve on the Board of Directors and help out with the planning of programs, publicity, student involvement, and other exciting Chapter events. Board members serve a three year term and meetings are held monthly at the Hintz Alumni Center. Please contact Carol Stokes, Board Recruitment Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (814) 353-4142.
9. BUTTONS, BUTTONS, BUTTONS – As you are doing your spring cleaning and come across Penn State football buttons, please consider giving any extra buttons to the Centre County Chapter. Penn State fans are happy to make donations to the Chapter for buttons to add to or complete their collections. The older buttons are obviously more valuable, but we accept any and all. Don and Carol Miller will be happy to pick up buttons upon request. Phone (814) 234-3719 or e-mail email@example.com.
10. SAVE THESE DATES
· Spring Mixer with the Blue & White Society students @ Hintz Family Alumni Center, Date: Friday, April 5, 2013, Time: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
· ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY CLEAN-UP When: Wednesday, April 10th Start times: 9:00 A.M. and/or 5:00 P.M. Watch Facebook for more information.
· April Happy Hour at PJ Harrigan’s Bar and Grill (1450 S. Atherton St, State College, PA) – Date: Friday, April 12, 2013, Time: 5 pm—7pm
· The Centre County Chapter 2013 Annual Meeting – Date: Sunday, June 23, 2013, Location: Lubrano Park with a SPIKES Home Baseball game
· SPEND A SUMMER DAY 2013 – Dates: Friday July 26, Monday July 29, Thursday August 1, Friday August 2, and Monday August 5.
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or Emergency Grant Funds. For information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association page on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.