Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here’s a brief overview for a very busy July of upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org or visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.
1. CCCPSAA IS TAKING A FIELD TRIP! Join us on Tuesday, July 8, 2014 as we visit ‘The Flight 93 Memorial’ then stop for lunch at Sand Hill Berries and Greendance The Winery at Sandhill. Member cost is $42.50 per person (Non-member $52.50 per person). The cost includes transportation (Fullington Bus) and lunch at Sand Hill. Departure is from the Fullington Terminal across from the airport at 7:45 am. There is free parking at the bus terminal. RSVP by July 1, 2014 – Use PayPal online at
http://www.psucentre.org/index.php/flt-93-trip/ or make a check payable to CCCPSAA and mail to:
CCCPSAA (Attn: Flt 93)
P.O. Box 10082
State College, Pa 16805-0082
2. ANNUAL CHAPTER MEETING – WE’RE GOING TO THE SPIKES!!! – So Join Us on Sunday, June 29, 2014, Cost: $ 35 Adults (Includes Spikes Game Ticket); $ 25 Adults (Who have a Spikes Season Ticket); $ 10 children (12 and under includes Spikes Game Ticket)Suites 519 & 520 at Medlar Park. Start time is 4:45 annual meeting, 5:45 food, 6:05 Game! We will be welcoming some special guests who have been invited to join us this year. LAST DATE TO SIGN UP FOR THE MEETING IS FRIDAY, JUNE 27,2014!!! Use PayPal online at http://www.psucentre.org/index.php/2014-annual-meeting-and-spikes-game , or make checks payable to CCCPSAA and mail to:
CCCPSAA (Attn: Annual Meeting)
P.O. Box 10082
State College, PA 16805-0082
3. VOLUNTEERS URGENTLY NEEDED – We are looking for a group of our great Centre County Chapter members to volunteer during Arts Festival Monday, July 7, 10 am to 2:30pm at Hintz to stuff Lion Folders and in Waring Commons, West Halls, 4 pm to 9 pm Wednesday, July 9, and 3 shifts from 8 am to 9 pm on Thursday, July 10, Friday, July 11 to check in alumni and 2 shifts from 8:30 am to 3 pm on Saturday, July 12 to help with the Ice Cream Social. Please email Dale at email@example.com or call (814) 234-0656 by Saturday, June 28, 2014. Leave a message with your contact information and I will return your call if I am not readily available.\
4. MARK YOUR CALENDAR – ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY CLEAN-UP on Tuesday July 15, 2014 at two times 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. It’s hard to believe that three months have gone by since our last highway clean-up and our next one is scheduled for Tuesday, July 15. Two start times: 9:00 am and 5:30 pm have been scheduled to accommodate everyone’s work schedules and retirement activities. Everyone is welcome to participate in one or both scheduled cleanup times. We will meet at The Assembly of God Church on University Drive Extension in the lower parking area on the right. Please email Al ( a.k.a. Mr. Trashman) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 814-237-1147 (day or evening) if you can lend a hand and list time(s) participating.
5. CCCPSAA – IT’S TIME to RENEW – $20/single and $25/Family. Renew online at http://www.psucentre.org/membership.html , or mail your form & check payable to CCCPSAA:
CCCPSAA Attn: Membership
P.O. Box 10082
State College, PA 16805-0082
6. CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR – Gigi’s, 2080 Cato Ave. State College, PA (PA 26 S/W. College Ave. past Science Park Rd., GiGis on left.) on Friday, July 18, 2014 (Due to Arts Festival the week before) from 5:30p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Join your fellow Chapter members on the patio at Gigi’s for a fun evening talking about old times and chapter events.
7. SPEND A SUMMER DAY UPDATE – The 2014 Spend a Summer Day information was mailed to all active members and previous volunteers in early June. If you did not receive the mailing and are interested in participating this year, please contact Linda Rohrer at email@example.com or call 238-8095.
8. MARK YOUR CALENDARS – The next Field Trip for CCCPSAA is to the ELK Country Visitor Center – “A Night in the Wilds”, Thursday, October 2, 2014.
9. SAVE THESE DATES
- ANNUAL CCCPSAA MEETING & SPIKES GAME
Date: Sunday, June 29, 2014.
Time:: 4:45 p.m.
- CCCPSAA FLIGHT 93 MEMORIAL and GREENDANCE WINERY FIELD TRIP
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2014.
Departs: Fullington Bus Terminal @ 7:45 a.m.
- ARTS FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Dates: Monday, July 7 – 10 am to 2:30 pm @Hintz, Wednesday, July 9 – 4pm to 9 pm; Thursday and Friday ,
July 10 & 11 8am-12pm, 12pm-5pm, 5pm to 9pm @ Waring Commons and Saturday, July 12 – 8:30am to noon @ Waring and 9am to Noon and Noon to 3pm @ West Halls Quad.
- AUGUST CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR
Date: Friday, July 18, 2014
Time: 5:30p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- SUMMER HIGH WAY CLEAN UP Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Training dates are: Thursday, July 17, 2014 and Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Location: Mountain View Country Club
Spend a Summer Day dates are: Friday, July 25, 2014, Monday, July 28, 2014, Thursday, July 31, 2014,
Friday, August 1, 2014 and Monday, August 4, 2014
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS’ WELCOME RECEPTION—More details in the August newsletter
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Location: Hintz Family Alumni Center
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our
Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. ATTENTION MEMBERS REQUEST YOUR HELP – For the members who still receive our newsletter through the mail!!!! If you are still receiving our newsletter by U.S. Mail but have updated to email or no longer want a paper copy, please let us know. Often mailings are not as timely as email and we don’t want you to miss out on any of the Chapter news. Also, email helps us reduce our mailing costs and allows us to use our funds for member events. Please email email@example.com to update how you receive our chapter newsletter and provide your current email. Of course if you require or want to continue to receive a paper copy by mail, we will gladly continue to send you one so you don’t miss out on any of the great chapter news.
11. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org.