Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Happy New Year! Here’s a brief overview of upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org or visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.
1. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER JANUARY HAPPY HOUR – Join us for our Centre County Chapter January Happy Hour on Friday, January 16, 2015 at Bill Pickle’s Tap Room,106 South Allen Street. Start the New Year with a drink and conversation with your CCCPSAA friends. Meet new members or bring some friends along with you to join the Chapter.
2. FRIDAY ‘FOR THE KIDS’ CASH PARTY - It’s time again for our Friday For The Kids Cash Party. Last year Centre County Chapter joined forces with Penn State Alumni Association staff volunteers in raising $8,356.97 for the Lion Ambassadors and Blue & White Society in support of THON. Our efforts over the past years have earned each of our student groups an extra dancer spot during THON weekend. The third-annual Friday For The Kids Cash Party will be held Friday, February 6, 2014 at the Hintz Family Alumni Center. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. Your ticket purchase of $25 gives you access to the event, appetizers, beer, wine, entertainment, and entry into the Cash Party drawing for a chance at $1,475 in total prize money with a top prize of $500. Throughout the evening, there are additional opportunities to win even more from rip tickets/pull tabs and a 50/50 drawing! Again this year, we will have a basket raffle and silent auction featuring some amazing and unique prizes!!! Only 200 tickets will be sold. All tickets will be sold prior to the event with no tickets sold at the door. Get your tickets now while they are available. Contact Marti Duffy by email at email@example.com or call (814) 308-8948 or stop in at the Hintz Alumni Center Reception Desk to purchase your tickets. Hurry in; they are going quickly!!!!. Please make checks payable to CCCPSAA and write Cash Party in the memo line.
3. START PLANNING – The CCCPSAA’s 5th Annual April Fools 5K is scheduled April 11, 2015 at Medlar Field in Lubrano Park. This year we will be joining forces with the State College Mini-Thon to make this one big 5K event. We are looking for runners, walkers and of course will need volunteers to help with the race day events. Watch next month for more exciting 5K news, registration information and how to volunteer!!!
4. SAVE THESE DATES
January Happy Hour at ‘Bill Pickle’s Tap Room’,106 South Allen Street, State College, PA
Date: Friday, Jan. 16, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday For The Kids Cash Party at Hintz Family Alumni Center (Advance ticket purchase required)
Date: Friday, February 6, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
The CCCPSAA’s 5th Annual April Fools 5K
Date: April 11, 2015 at Medlar Field in Lubrano Park.
5. MARK YOU CALENDARS – Admissions have set the 2015 dates for the Accepted Students Program and Spend a Summer Day.
- Accepted Students Program:
February 13, 16, 17, 24
March 2, 3, 4, 5, 16, 17, 18
April 3, 7, 9, 20, 21, 23
- 2015 Spend a Summer Day:
July 24, 27, 30, 31 and August 3
Linda Rohrer will be providing sign up details soon for the Accepted Students Program and watch for training schedules and sign up details in June 2015 for Spend a Summer Day.
*Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund for information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre.org.