Dear CCCPSAA Member,
Here is an exciting overview of our upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org or our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/psucentre
1. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER DECEMBER HOLIDAY HAPPY HOUR – (Note Happy Hour is on Thursday this month). Come join the Centre County Chapter on Thursday, December 10, 2015 at THE TAVERN, 220 E College Ave, State College, PA from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Warm up around the fire and take some time to relax with your Penn State Alumni friends enjoying cocktails, good food, and great conversation. Meet new members or bring some friends along with you to join the Chapter. There is a $5 charge for non-members. Membership forms will be available to fill out.
2. JOIN THE CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER FOR WRESTLING AT THE BJC – Sunday, Dec. 13 vs. Wisconsin @ 1:00 p.m. and Friday, February 5, 2016 vs. Ohio State @7:00 p.m. Order your tickets NOW!! $15 a ticket. You can select one or both games. RSVP to Marti Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org – Hurry there are tickets are still available.
3. GIVING TUESDAY – As 2015 comes to an end, consider a tax deductible donation to our Centre County Chapter Emergency Grant Fund (Code SXXA2). The Centre County Chapter established the Emergency Grant Fund to help reduce the financial stress for all Penn State students facing unforeseeable hardships and help to complete their studies. There are no residency restrictions or other stipulations to receive emergency aid. CCCPAA is the only Penn State Alumni Association affiliate group to provide this type of assistance to Penn State students in need. With the high cost of education and economic conditions of recent years, the number of requests for emergency assistance has greatly increased.
Some of the Centre County Chapter Emergency Grants awarded in 2014 helped our students with the following items:
- Funding for the purchase of books
- Replace a computer and personal belongings stolen or damaged
- Assist numerous students in covering health care costs
- Cover shortages in funds to buy food for the semester
- Help pay for cap and gown costs for graduating seniors
- Cover auto repairs to cover transportation to and from classes or work
- Help with tuition shortfalls
- Provide funds to travel home for family emergencies
These are just a few of the many requests made against our emergency grant fund. The more money we can raise the more students with dire emergency needs can be helped. If you are looking for that end of 2015 tax deduction, please consider giving to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Emergency Grant fund.
The fund makes a major difference and helps eliminate some stress for many students so that they can succeed in their studies and successes at Penn State. WHAT IS #GIVINGTUESDAY? #Giving Tuesday is a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
The Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association will match 10% of all donations raised up to $5000 on Tuesday, December 1, 2015. If you donate online at the GIVING TUESDAY web site go to Penn State Alumni Association and enter the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Emergency Grant Fund Code SXXA2 into the other box or make a check payable to CCCPSAA in note area mark for Emergency Grant Fund and mail to:
CCCPSAA (Emergency Grant Fund Day of Giving Challenge)
P.O. Box 10082
State College, PA 16805-0082
Also, consider becoming a member or renewing your membership. Our member year runs from July 1st through June 30th and is separate from membership in the Penn State Alumni Association. Annual membership dues are
reasonable @ $20/Individual or $25/Couple.
Join online with a credit card at our chapter web page http://www.psucentre.org/index.php/membership/ or print out a membership form, fill it in with a check payable to CCCPSAA and mail to the above address listed as CCCPSAA (Membership).
Thanks for your continued support!!!!
4. SAVE THESE DATES
DECEMBER CHAPTER HOLIDAY HAPPY HOUR @THE TAVERN , 220 E College Ave, State College
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
PENN STATE WRESTLING AT THE BJC
Dates: Sunday, December 13, 2015 vs. Wisconsin @ 1:00 p.m.
Friday, February 5, 2016 vs. Ohio State @ 7:00 p.m.
Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2015
5. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psucentre
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM YOUR CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER